Stage 1 | Bear Cubs U5 – U8 teams (mixed)
Intra Club Teams (U5 – U8)
- Players allocated to teams based on either self organised teams or club facilitation as required.
- Objective is to create balanced teams enabling ‘fair’’ competition across the age groups
- Train and play Saturday mornings
The FFA’s Building Blocks Model commences with the DISCOVERY PHASE (U6 – U8), and is underpinned by the following principles.
- Discovering one’s (im)possibilities through trial & error.
- Natural development: ‘learn FOOTBALL by playing football’.
- No ‘coaching’ but organising fun football exercises.
- Replicating the ‘street/park football’ environment of the past.
Each Bear Cub receives a size 3 soccer ball to keep and bring to training each week and at season end they each receive a trophy.
Draw and Rosters
Age Groups for 2018
Children are placed in age groups relative to their birth date. Those born in the years as shown below will play in that corresponding age group. You must be turning 5 in 2018 to register to play in the 2018 season.
Under 5 – 1-1-13 to 31-12-13
Under 6 – 1-1-12 to 31-12-12
Under 7 – 1-1-11 to 31-12-11
Under 8 – 1-1-10 to 31-12-10
Bear Cubs play at Max Ruddock Reserve, Romulus Street, Winston Hills.
Games take place between 8am and 12pm on Saturdays. Game draws are issued to each team prior to the start of the season via the Coach or Manager.
Bear Cubs are required to wear the Club Strip at all games.
Shin pads are compulsory at training and games. No shin pads – No play.
Team Allocation Day
eam information and allocation day is the 11th of March at the Max Ruddock club house. This will allow anyone to purchase uniform pieces and collect their team kits. We will also run over our guidelines and requirements at the following times:
Under 5 – 2.00pm
Under 6 – 2.30pm
Under 7 – 3.30pm
Under 8 – 4.30pm
First game is the 7th of April and we don’t play the middle weekend of school holidays.
Game draw will be made available before season starts. Along with a canteen and Bell duty roster.